Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting- 2011 Bolla Chianti

I wanted to try a Chianti after Boyer's rant about Italy and their laws in class and picked this one up after class.

Fast Facts:
Variety- Sangiovese
Region- Chianti, Tuscany, Italy
Price- $11



A quick description from Encompasslife.net
"For more than a century, Bolla Cellars has been exporting fine wines and this bottle is second to none. Rest assured, Bolla Chianti is officially sealed with the DOCG guaranteed designation of origin. Indeed the grapes that produced this divine wine have been kissed by the Mediterranean sun and salty-Italian air. The Chianti is amazingly-smooth and slightly-sweet, with hints of black cherry, plum and raspberry. Pair this wine with your favorite pork, beef or lamb entrĂ©e and experience an official match-made-in-Italy."

On the nose, I got an almost tangy BBQ sauce aroma which I was not at all expecting. It was a good smell, not anything negative though. I did pick up the same cherry scents described in the online review. It was far dryer that I had anticipated. I don't know if I was expecting a sweeter red but this one was much more tannic that I was expecting. I was not crazy about this one but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment